Ownining It

Today I was driving with my boys in the car. Judah said something that made me think: "That's my church, daddy." What a great perspective from a two year old. He didn't say "that's your church", "that's where you work", or "that's where I go once a week to play in the nursery" (if he would have said that, I probably would have fallen out of my seat). Judah sees his church as his. Later, I hope it grows into an understanding that "his church" is more than the building that we go to, but rather it is something great that he is a part of. It is something that God is using to change and altar the course of peoples lives and eternities.

Imagine if all of us had a similar perspective: ownership of our church. I love it when people see the church as something more than a building. How have you shown ownership of your church? Do you serve like it is yours? Do you care for it like it is yours? Do you pray for it like it is yours? A church is a reflection of the people that are in it.

Choose to own it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should have judah preach sometime :)